My ever constant-thinking-brain had me wondering, when and where did the Laws of the Universe appear? How did they get passed down? And did the Ancient Civilizations know about these Laws? Well the Universe heard me and through a series of Google searches to the far end of the internet, serendipitously delivered to me this gem of a book called “Ancient Future” by Wayne B. Chandler.
YES! Ancient Civilizations did understand the Laws of the Universe, and they all learned from the Ancient Egyptians. They were conscious people. This book is jammed packed with historical references explaining the diffusion of the Laws, how they were passed on to the Greeks, Chinese, and East Indians, and how they’ve influenced their philosophies and cultures. Hermes was the name the Greeks used to personify this body of knowledge related to the Seven Laws of the Universe, and therefore they are often referred to as the 7 Hermetic Laws.
The 7 Laws/Principles of the Universe are:
- The Principle of Mentalism, Concept of the All or God
- The Principle of Correspondence (“outer”world corresponds to “inner”world)
- The Principle of Vibration (the Law of Attraction is a part of this principle)
- The Principle of Polarity
- The Principle of Gender
- The Principle of Rhythm (ages of mankind, earth’s biorhythm, individuals propensity for the universe to move towards increased consciousness)
- The Principle of Causation (action/reaction – as it relates to civilizations, individuals, and globe)
One of the most mind boggling nuggets of information was the correlation of the earth’s biosphere corresponding to the world’s sacred sites, including the Great Pyramid of Giza and Machu Pichu.
I HIGHLY recommend digesting this book! Use a new highlighter and post-its! I felt so enlightened after reading, felt that I am living in the right era, and felt reinforced in my purpose to continue with raising my consciousness while helping others to do the same.